Tuesday 3 April 2012

YUMMY CHOCOLATE PUDDING:)

Healthy Chocolate Pudding
So I am 26 weeks along in my pregnancy and now the cravings are starting to begin.   I'm not craving anything  weird or unusual like pickles, but I am craving Sugar and Dairy.   I haven't eaten much sugar in years and I quit drinking milk about 3 years ago, but it seems these days that's all I can think about, and it's hard not to give into cravings:( 

A couple of days ago I decided I wanted Chocolate Pudding!  Yes, that's right.  That chocolately, sugary, milky delicious treat that I would have as a young girl.  But I decided that this was one craving I was going to control by making my own version of chocolate pudding.  It turned out so well that I couldn't wait to share it.  So here goes:)

3 Cups of Unsweetened Coconut Milk (almond will work too)
1/3 Cup Raw Cacao Powder (you could use dark chocolate powder too if you would like)
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1/4 Cup cornstarch (to thicken)
1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons butter

*Place all ingredients in a pot over medium-high heat.  Continue stirring until pudding thickens.  Add more cornstarch if you like a thicker pudding and less if you like it thinner.  Once it has thickened, pour into serving bowls and let it stand to cool.  We make about  servings with this recipe, but you can make servings smaller or larger depending on what you are craving:)

It was so simple, yet so yummy and so good for you that I know for sure what dessert I will serve for Easter this year:)

Oh, and shhhhhh......don't tell my little one, I even licked the bowl. 

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment